Tuesday, January 15, 2008

WOOO HOOO!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR! (yeah I'm 15 days late... so what.)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The fireworks were wild, but that sh%t looked like Armageddon.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
A few Roman Candles later & we were all pumped up & ready to see the real deal, so we headed upstairs to check out the sky show from the deck atop the gallery.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After having a few glasses of wine, we went outside to see a mini fireworks display in the street. Something about these photos really makes me think about the "Big Bang"... maybe it's how the bottom one looks like there's some kind of tear occuring in the space/time continuum... & the one above it is kinda like the beginning of the universe.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Hey wait a minute dammit! Is that George Carlin...?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Some New Year's Spirit for your a$$!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Visitors at the gallery checking out my work!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Artists from the opening of "New Works II"
Left to right: Jason Haubrich, Kailin Carlson, Me (The black guy wearing the glasses in case you couldn't figure it out on your own), Batya Ross & Ashley Munro.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My new line of greeting cards are currentltly on display/for sale at the gallery...


This New Year's celebration was a very special one for me, mainly because the party that I attended was held at Ore Projectz, the new art gallery in North Beach where I've had my work for the last month or so (850 Greenwhich Street, San Francisco). It was also a special night for me because it was my first New Year's as a 30 year old! I met some pretty amazing people that night, including Claudio, a photographer that used to work with some pretty famous models back in the day (He also cooks some mean lasagne & lentil soup), and Gary & Aline Brewer, both are amazing artists that were also showing at the gallery:

See Gary's work here: http://www.garybrewerart.com/

and Aline's work here http://www.alinemare.com )

It's pretty weird the way some New Year's parties come together at the last minute... would you believe I really didn't think that I'd have that much fun, and that I almost considered staying in the house?! Bananas.

1 comment:

Miz BoheMia said...

Found you through my friend's, Ms Lady Jai, MySpace page... been checking out your pics and I LOVE them... beautiful work and SF is quite the inspiring city to work in... faboo FO SHO!

And hey, if ever you do TFCD with models...

Keep on keeping on.